Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, has become one of the hottest tourist spots for travelers in recent years. The huge variety of things to see and do in this city, coupled with its cultural diversity and richness, makes it a great destination for budget travelers and backpackers.
Be it museum tours or partying the night away in a great nightclub, Copenhagen offers you a world of possibilities.
For the backpackers who want to see the best of Copenhagen, spring is widely considered best season to set foot in the city. This is the time of the year when the city most comes to life, with the color of the blossoming vegetation matched by the exuberance of the city’s inhabitants, who fill their air with their urbane chatter.
Before you start exploring the city, it’s important you find a place to stay for the night. Luckily, there’s no shortage of excellent Copenhagen hostels that offer great comforts at affordable prices. Bed and Bath is one such hostel. Situated in the lap of nature, it provides homely facilities and a sociable air for backpackers to enjoy.
Things to See and Do
Having found a place to rest your head for the night, you’ll probably find yourself heading to one of the following attractions in Copenhagen with pleasing inevitability…
1. The Copenhagen Canal Tour. One of the most exciting ways of seeing the city from a boat as its tours the various tunnels and canals that connect Copenhagen. Guided tours are available in a variety of languages.
2. The Danish National Gallery. For those with an interest in art, the Danish National Gallery promises to be a feast for the eyes. Even for those who would not call themselves art buffs, this gallery demands a visit because of the many paintings by masters like Picasso and Matisse to be found here.
3. Take the History Tour in Copenhagen. A great way to get acquainted with the rich historical past of Denmark, this tour takes you around the many museums and buildings of historical interest. The backpacker interested in knowing the city and paying a visit to all the important sites will this tour makes completing find his or her checklist eminently straightforward!
4. Enjoy the Beach: After you have had a feel of historical and cultural Copenhagen, you should check out the fun to be had on the beach. Copenhagen is famous for its manmade harbor baths, Copencabana and Havnebadet.
5. Have a glass of beer in an authentic Copenhagen bar. The locals of this city are known for their love of a drink, so checking out bars like Charlie’s Bar and Noerrebro Bryghus can be the key to having a good time in Copenhagen.
Apart from these, there are a lot more things in Copenhagen that the backpacker be foolish to miss. From nightclubs to age-old (yet still safely functioning!) amusement parks, Copenhagen seems to have it all.
Before settling down and becoming a copywriter for HostelBookers.com Jonny Cooper did a backpacking tour of Denmark and he checked out a variety of Copenhagen hostels